Chris Guillebeau is a New York Times bestselling author and modern-day explorer.
During a lifetime of self-employment that included a four-year commitment as a volunteer executive in West Africa, he visited every country in the world (193 in total) before his 35th birthday. Since then he has modeled the proven definition of an entrepreneur: “Someone who will work 24 hours a day for themselves to avoid working one hour a day for someone else.
The purpose of AONC is to share the story of how to change the world by achieving personal goals while helping others at the same time. In the battle against conventional beliefs, they focus on three core areas: Life, Work, and Travel.
BUILDING INFLUENCE TO GAIN WIDESPREAD AUTHORITY This is a more advanced look at how I’ve been able to build the AONC site into a diverse community over the past year.
Chris’s first book, The Art of Non-Conformity, was translated into more than twenty languages. His second book, The $100 Startup, was a New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller, selling more than 500,000 copies worldwide. His third book, The Happiness of Pursuit, was published in September 2014 and was also a New York Times bestseller. His fourth book, Born for This, will help you find the work you were meant to do. His newest book, Side Hustle, will help you create a new source of income in 27 days.
- GOING PRO: BOOK NEWS AND OTHER GRATITUDE NOTES
- 10 Big Ideas from ‘The Happiness of Pursuit’ by Chris Guillebeau
Unconventional Guides help more people do what they are most excited about. These products provide more detailed strategies and tactics for those who are exploring the worlds of self-employment and travel hacking.
Here are some of the top posts by Chris about creating products:
- ART AND MONEY FEEDBACK, Q&A, LESSONS LEARNED
- BEHIND THE SCENES OF THE “UNCONVENTIONAL GUIDE TO PUBLISHING” LAUNCH
- PRODUCT LAUNCH 101
Side Hustle School
It’s a daily podcast, a travelling workshop series, and a book—all designed to help you create a new source of income without quitting your job. The podcast is downloaded more than 2 million times a month.
His first free ebook, the Brief Guide to World Domination, was read by more than 100,000 people in 60 countries during the first six months. He wrote about how to take over the world while helping others at the same time.
The sequel to World Domination, on how to create a full-time career as a writer in less than one year. It provides a case study for anyone interested in building an alternative career using new media. T
- Chris Guillebeau at My Morning Routine
- Side Hustle: From Idea to Income in 27 Days
- FP005: The Life of Chris Guillebeau – Visiting Every Country in the World While Building a Startup with $100, a High Traffic Blog, and Making a Difference
- Chris Guillebeau: ‘Everyone should learn to think entrepreneurially’ Bestselling author and side hustler Chris Guillebeau talks about what motivates him and the importance of entrepreneurship