- Pat’s Complete Step-By-Step Podcasting Tutorial
- Everything You Need to Know About Starting a Podcast in 2018
Starting A Podcast
- Your 6-Point Checklist on Starting a Podcast On a Shoestring Budget
- What You Need to Know to Launch a Successful Podcast
What Do Listeners Want?
- How Audiences Respond to Podcasts: New Research
- Meet the People Who Listen to Podcasts at Super-Fast Speeds
Choosing A Format
- Our Podcast Setup: In the Studio and On the Road (Good Life Project)
- How to Build a Portable Podcast Studio (Tropical MBA)
Conducting An Interview
- 5 Steps to conduct a superior podcast interview
- Here’s One Tip to Make Your Podcast Interviews Truly Excellent (FS222)
- How to Conduct Not-to-Miss Podcast Interviews
- How to Prepare for An Awesome Podcast Interview
- How to Become a World-Class Podcast Interviewer
- How to Get the Best Podcast Guests
- 11 WAYS TO BE EXCEPTIONALLY PREPARED FOR A PODCAST INTERVIEW
- The Ultimate Guide to Pitching Podcasts (And Being Featured)
- How to Get Featured on Popular Podcasts
- Podcast Interview Tips for Non-Podcasters
Creating The Podcast
- Podcast Promotion: 7 Smart Ways to Improve Your Social Sharing
- Podcasters: Stop Looking for an Audience (and Let Them Find You)
- The 7 Best Podcast Promotion Strategies (And How to Use Them)
Creating a stellar podcast isn’t easy, but finding ways to promote it can be even more complicated. Fortunately, there are a number of ways that you can get the word out. Here’s what you need to know about podcast advertising.
In November, HowStuffWorks dumped the third-party ads in its podcasts.
HowStuffWorks didn’t go purely old-school. It still tucks its hosts’ ad-reads into episodes using third-party software. But that technology – called dynamic ad insertion – which some predicted would revolutionize the format and attract a new crop of advertisers, has created issues that industry stakeholders have yet to resolve
Luckily, if we squint hard enough, we can see how top shows stay afloat and, more importantly, innovate. Content Marketing Institute takes a look at a few podcasts, each with one major productivity lesson we can learn for our own podcast process – as well as other forms of content marketing.
Many businesses are discovering the power of audio podcasting and how this content can help them grow their business. Social Media Examiner asked the podcasting experts to share their tips.
What follows will help you connect with your audience on a more personal level and extend your online community.
In 2009, in the middle of podcasting’s first boom, Scott Aukerman launched Comedy Bang! Bang!, a comedy/variety show meant for his friends in the industry. The show became one of the first podcast-to-TV series when it evolved into a show on IFC. Aukerman’s guests include fan-favorite comedians as kooky characters alongside celebrities willing to have some fun while promoting a project.
As CBB’s 500th episode becomes available for download today, Aukerman offers these tips for people just starting a podcast.
If you’re thinking about starting a podcast, it really is a medium entirely of its own. And as a result, if you do it right, it really will attract a very different group of people.
Darren Rowse shares his biggest lessons in podcasting, some tips on launching, recording, producing and promoting a podcast. He talks about the tools he uses in putting the show together, tells you about their stats and share which episodes did best and shares some of his frustrations and challenges and how he’s been working to overcome them.
Tim Ferris has been described as the Oprah Winfrey of the podcast world, and for good reason. In this post, Ryan Holiday grills Tim about how he created one of the biggest podcasts in the world with essentially no advertising or promotion? How does one expertly interview huge stars, introverted authors and enigmatic artists with compelling ease? How does one build a potential $2-4M a year business—as he recently described it in an article—but decide not to fully monetize it because he doesn’t want to exploit his fans?
This interview is phenomenal and has so many gems.